Thursday, September 8, 2011

The One Year Old

Oh me oh my, I can't believe my boy is one. I have been putting off writing this post because I know I will be tearing up the entire time.

Wow a year. I can't believe it. I don't think I will ever be able to come up with the words to define exactly how I feel about this. Most people know how much prayer went into this little boy even before he was here. The years we spend longing for a child and begging and pleading with God to give us one will never leave me. They are part of our journey and part of our story. I never thought I would have this story but I do and I love it. I am not a "words" person, which is why you see alot of photos on this blog, but I want to try to express my love for this child and for this past year as best as I can.

James is the greatest example of God's grace and hope that I could ever have imagined. He is so full of life and maximizes every second of every day. I love that he never stops going. He loves his books. His favorites are: Adam Adam, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Where is Baby's Belly Button, The Lord's Prayer, and many more. He is a big eater and will eat pretty much anything I put on his tray. He LOVES his dog! Solie brings a bigger smile to his face then I think I do sometimes. He is a happy boy, always in a good mood, smiling, laughing, and just laid back about life. He is a big fan of Chick-fil-a (so am I). James always goes where he shouldn't, he is such a risk taker! He talks to himself in the morning before we go to pick him up and it's the sweetest thing to see him in the monitor and listen to the little sounds that he comes up with. He is very serious about his talking.  He loves going outside and crawling through the grass. He is so much fun in the bath! He splashes and plays with his toys and looks at his reflection in the knobs of the bath tub. He is a very good traveler. He has been on 5 flights this year and he was a rock star each time!

We love you James. Your parents are so incredibly proud of who you are and who you are becoming. We will never stop loving you and we will always be your #1 fans. You have no idea how much we love you. I pray that you will see our love lived out as we raise you. Our hearts just burst with love and adoration for you, I wish I could explain that better. I am SO honored to be your mom and I am so thankful that God had us wait for you. You were worth every second of the wait. I am proud of all your accomplishments this year and I can't wait to see what this year will bring. We love you, we love you, we love you. Did I mention that we love you? 

Love,  Mom and Dad









1 comment: