Friday, June 24, 2011

Swimming, Sunshine, and Snowcones

Today was a fun one over here at the Smith house.  It was your typical blazing hot Texas day so I decided it was time to let James play in the baby pool.   We have definitely had a massive down grade in the pool department.  We recently took out our 13,000 gallon pool and now we have a 3 gallon baby pool to replace it.  I know, I know, but at least I'm not paying a million dollars a month to have a green swamp in my back yard.  Anyway, James had a blast!  He was all over that baby pool.  He would get in splash and then rush out and crawl over to the crazy sprinkler/caterpillar guy.  I finally had to just call it and say it was time to go in.  I wonder how long he would have played back there.  

We then headed over to get James his first snow cone, which was a pretty big deal around here.  We went to the Snowflake Factory and it was great!  James got his grape/bubble gum snow cone (b/c I always got bubble gum as a kid and Jerimiah always got grape.  We couldn't decide which would be a better first snow cone so we went with both.  I'm pretty sure he liked the bubble gum part best).  He was a little hesitant at first, but he LOVED it!  He ended up spilling the snow cone all over himself and all over Jerimiah.  It was great!  The only down side was that James had a sugar high and decided he didn't need to nap today.  Oh well, I guess he'll crash tonight.   I love summer!



jk























3 comments:

  1. I love these pictures and this day!!! We just gave Avery her first snowcone last week.... well, really she just stole mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...it looks like James and Jack would have a great time playing in the water together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to go to Snowflake Factory too. It was a 10 minute walk from our house. Snowcones...I'd almost forgotten about that little joy...just got a little jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete